Last night’s episode featured the Sunday Best auditions in D.C. I was excited to hear ‘em, cuz people have been talking about THOSE vocalists for a minute. I think this episode demonstrated how tough the auditions really are– they took only 10 singers from the city, but A BUNCH of ‘em could blow.
1. I kinda don’t have time for the antics, so the unicyclist was frustrating, but it was ALL worth it once Tina Campbell said “When Sunday Best becomes a circus, YOU’RE IN!”
2. All the internet ravings about Y’Anna Crawley were right. She saaaang.
3. Clifton Ross III (director of the Howard Gospel Choir, by the way) made it through and I’m glad about it! A big ol’ “WHATEVER” to the judges’ assessments of his image/attire– I’ve seen him a few times and I think that’s kinda just who he is.
4. I know folks are gonna knock the judges for not letting the young lady with the skin condition through, just like with the woman who stuttered, but I tended to agree with the Marys– pretty voice, but not the best.
5. I kinda don’t know what the heck the judges wanted from that woman who auditioned in each of the three cities. She gave something different each time, and could GO on the vocals. I have to chalk that one up to some edits that we ain’t see cuz they put other folks through that just…kinda…were subpar.
6. One of my faves so far is Peter Robinson. He and his girlfriend were robbed, kidnapped, shot and left for dead. She died in his arms, but God miraculously saved him. He’s got a nice tone, great agility, but more than anything, a profound testimony that can really witness to people.
7. I LOVED Jessica Reedy, the last contestant to be put through. She, also, has an awesome testimony about being ostracized after getting pregnant, then finding refuge in Jesus Christ, the one person who will NOT condemn or cast aside… wait… am I preachin’?
All in all, I’m excited for next week’s episode (of course). To see a full list of the FINAL 20 Contestants, with images and bio info, click here. Too early to call it, though I’m hoping that someone outta the D.C. auditions wins.
What did y’all think about last night’s show???